At CMH, we go beyond industry standard and offer additional precautions to ensure guest safety:
- Equipment – Each guest is supplied with a Mammut Barryvox Pulse transceiver, personal radio, and small backpack equipped with a shovel and probe.
- Guides – Our guides have an average of 14 years experience. Each group has a certified guide (ACMG/IFMGA) that leads the group.
- Avalanche Floatation Device – Interested guests may rent a Mammut Avalanche Floatation Device (AFD) at the time of booking. Rental Program Details & Instructional Videos
CMH has developed a comprehensive snow and avalanche risk management system. This system includes:
- Procedures for collecting weather and snow information
- Snowpack structure evaluation
- Assessing avalanche hazards in the terrain
- Determining an appropriate skiing program tailored to on-the-ground conditions.
- Each area has a Snow Safety Guide operating separately from the skiing program who makes additional observations to facilitate informed decisions by the guiding team.
- Daily conference calls relay information to the Canadian Avalanche Association.
No doubt – our guides love what they do. It’s serious business and we hand pick the most passionate and experienced guides on the planet. CMH is the largest single employer of mountain guides worldwide with over 100 fully certified professionals, averaging more than 14 years experience each. Our guides are certified members of the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG) or the International Federation of Mountain Guides Association (IFMGA).
Meet some of the team »