CMH Glacier Treks are a one-of-a-kind adventure that takes you up-close and personal with a labyrinth of glaciers and the most famous granite spires in the North America: The Bugaboos.
Wake up in a comfortable room in a remote lodge deep in the Canadian wilderness, and enjoy a buffet breakfast fit for a king.
Step into a twin-engine Bell 212 helicopter with your guide, and fly to the edge of Bugaboo Provincial Park.
Go on an all-day odyssey of eye-popping, spectacular views just a few steps from kilometre-tall granite cathedrals of the Bugaboo Spires, around the edges of deep-blue crevasses, and over lofty alpine passes among some of the world’s most iconic mountains. Potential tours include the Vowell Glacier, Crescent Glacier, Cobalt Glacier, Bugaboo Glacier or Howser Glacier.
After a day of exploring a postcard-perfect part of planet Earth that few people have ever seen, meet the helicopter and fly back to the Bugaboos Lodge for a massage, spa, and a well-earned gourmet meal.
CMH Glacier Treks are the inspiration of the CMH Bugaboos Guides, who realized people want unique and thrilling adventure travel experiences that give them intimate contact with nature’s ultimate without entering extreme or technical terrain.
- Ropes and harnesses will be used to prevent falls into crevasses.
- Crampons and ice axes may be used to provide secure footing/balance where the glacier is icy, but there will be no technical climbing involved.
- Your guide will provide instruction in the use of the equipment, so no training is necessary.
- Glacier Trekkers will need to have endurance for a full day of moderately strenuous activity.
- Cameras are highly recommended.
Weather allowing, CMH Glacier Treks will complete one of the most exciting adventure travel itineraries on earth:
Day one: Heli-Hiking near alpine lakes and through oceans of wildflowers
Day two: Glacier Trek in the Bugaboo Spires
Day three: Climb the Skyladder Via Ferrata or enjoy a hike at your choice of difficulty.