Canadian Mountain Holidays (CMH) will be the leading sustainable tourism operator in North America.
- Be responsible stewards of the environments and communities in which we live, work, and play.
- Strive to improve environmental performance in all of our operations.
- Be a leader in sustainability in our professional organizations and the broader tourism sector.
- Educate staff, guests, and suppliers about our sustainability goals and initiatives, and encourage personal action.
- Operate in a manner that is compliant with all government laws and regulations.
- Support research and education programs to improve our sustainability practices.
- Contribute to the economic and social well-being of our local communities.
- Deliver strong financial results to ensure a sustainable future for our company.
"I was concerned -- to say the least -- about the environmental impact of heli-hiking. But the firm I went with, Canadian Mountain Holidays (CMH), has an impressive record. It has received sustainable tourism awards from Parks Canada (that country's equivalent of the National Park Service), and from the provinces of Alberta and British Columbia.
Bugaboo Lodge, the one I stayed at, makes a serious attempt to be green -- down to the grass planted on its roof for insulation. Plastic waste is driven to a recycling plant hours away, and paper lunch sacks have been replaced by reusable canvas bags. The lodge recently built a composter, keeping 15 tons of garbage out of the landfill since last fall."
~ John Flinn, San Francisco Chronicle